pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] platform revisited

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] platform revisited
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 17:50:40 -0700

Chad Knepp wrote:

Zope cons:

o Not supported currently by our prefered ISP (ibiblio). If we
choose to not go with ibiblio we would loose support from
Lawrence.

The main reason I would opt to make my contributions elsewhere (with regrets)
if HG isn't done on ibiblio is:
1) Cost, time and trouble if not on ibiblio
2) Its a blind alley as I see it; I can't invest a lot of trust in where the
project might
go/end up if we don't host on ibiblio - I fear intrusion into HG by some used
car salesman
who might get enough control to haul it off to parts unknown to do with it
what he/they will.
For my money it is safe and sound on ibiblio and with NP support from the
Permaculture Institute,
for the long haul. This frees us to work on platform and data acquisition -
which is what we are the most interested in anyway.

I'd like to think that I would have significant contributions to make to HG
over time; that means text data, photos, videos and sound files;
all original stuff from me. I'd much rather be part of a permaculture
_database_ project than just create a permaculture wiki and website.

I hope you all can find a way to work on ibiblio.