pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Re: permaculture.info

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: John Schinnerer <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Re: permaculture.info
  • Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2004 21:59:05 +0000

Aloha,

Good work Chad! I had no idea that domain was out there waiting for us!
Think I do recall him offering it on the permaculture list though, after being reminded of it.

I totally support using permaculture.info for our project domain.
It's about the perfect domain name IMO.
I hereby switch all my votes to permaculture.info.

I definitely *do not* support our project squatting on or redirecting any additional domains besides the *one* we choose in this choosing process we're in.
By "our project" I mean whatever person or legal entity we end up choosing to hold domain registration, funds, etc.

One is enough for us. Leave others for other projects, other people. Cybersquatters are IMO right down there with spammers.
'Nuff said.

As to who holds it - some sort of trust with a mandate we design, more or less as John H. said. Some sort of parallel to a land trust arrangement, with a written mandate to use it well, etc. etc. and trustees to hopefully stick to the mandate.

I know some people who've been through the nonprofit creation process and it ain't quick 'n easy, that's for sure. I don't oppose it as a longer-term strategy, as long as it's kept as simple and clean as possible. I don't think it's viable for the immediate future as it takes time and a fair bit of work afaik.