pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Re: permaculture.info

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "John Howe" <warlock@arashi.com>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Re: permaculture.info
  • Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 22:39:20 -0700 (PDT)

http://www.pcuonline.org/

>> Is this David Blume?
>
> No.
>
> Doesn't he also own permaculture.com? Unless
>
> Yes. I want nothing to do with that dude.

I second that vote. I dealt with David Blume during a PC event with Bill
Mollison/Scott Pittman back in the late 90's in So Cal ( the one where the
No Cal event booted Mollison && Pittman ). I can't say I respect Blume
that much.

>> Scott Pitman owns permaculture.org.
>
> Yes.

Yes!

>> > 3) Maybe a combination of 1) and 2)
>
>> I'm somewhat of a natural paranoid so not having any personal
>> relationship with the above individuals makes it hard for me to
>> expect philanthropy. I'm probably wrong, but I can't know that now.

Maybe a tangent, but if the project is going to be GNU, is the data set
also GNU/CC? What kind of mirroring options will be in place?

I would vote to have the domain belong to a group with a set charter to
support the direction of the charter. And if the group evolves, the
charter moves along with it.

John Howe, B.S, M.A.
http://www.arashi.com/

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the
mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science.
-- Albert Einstein