pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Re: permaculture.info

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Chad Knepp <pyg@galatea.org>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Re: permaculture.info
  • Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 19:42:11 -0500

Lawrence F. London, Jr. writes:
> Chad Knepp wrote:
>
> > Wow, that was not exactly the response I was anticipating! Our name
> > shopping discussion is currently in full swing but this one definitely
> > has my vote. I will get back to you after we make a decision. This
> > should be a couple of days to a week.
>
> Go for it Chad. Get the dotster account and have David transfer the
> domain to you. If you need a donation of $$ to cover account setup
> charges and domain name registration let me know and I will mail
> you a check (like $150 and under maybe). I wonder if it would be
> worthwhile to have it put in a nonprofit's name, i.e. Permaculture
> Institute, then costs could come out of Stephanie's grant held in
> escrow at PI - but I will still donate $$ for this if needed.

Thanks for the offer Lawrence, and as excited as I am I still think we
need to discuss the issues a bit more before proceeding. I don't
think he is going to retract the offer anytime soon, so as long as we
can move on it within the next month everything will be fine.

First of all how about people revote with this option as well. Sounds
like Lawrence and myself would prefer permaculture.info.
Waddyallthank? I don't know Spanish but I can do colloquial ;-)

Also, the question of ownership of the domain name is an important one
and I'm not sure it should be held by an individual. The other side
of that is that what organization could/would hold it for us yet still
defer to our interests and not impose their own. Maybe ibiblio?
Anyway this item requires some serious thought and discussion.