pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Zope at ibiblio

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "John Howe" <warlock@arashi.com>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Zope at ibiblio
  • Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 22:47:19 -0700 (PDT)

> John Howe writes:
> > I am working this weekend too, garr! Thanks for picking up my slack.
>
> Shore thang!

10 hours today. Looks like I am mission the Vashon Island Earth Festival
tomorrow as well.

> Yup. Eventually we may want to run it through ibiblio's apache
> instead of ZServer (Medusa?) for all of the above reasons as well as
> the performance gain.

ZServer is a component of Zope. See
http://zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/ZopeArchitecture.stx

For security reasons, you can run ZServer run on the localhost address and
have Apache/mod_proxy negotiate for Zope.

> > On a side note, regarding the Bugzilla. They did mention we could run a
> > private instance of Bugzilla. The question is, how to get the CPAN
> > requirements installed ( there are quite a few ), and mysql access.
>
> I suspect ibiblio is running MySQL for something and if not, given
> sufficient quota we can do local installs. I bet it would all fit
> into less than 25 Meg. Bugzilla is in Perl?

Yes, and it requires quite a few "non-standard" CPAN modules installed. See:
http://www.bugzilla.org/docs/tip/html/installation.html#install-perlmodules

John Howe, B.S, M.A.
http://www.arashi.com/

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the
mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science.
-- Albert Einstein