pcdb - Re: [pcdb] PCDB/Wiki/Guild Database

pcdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Permaculture Database

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: pcdb <pcdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcdb] PCDB/Wiki/Guild Database
  • Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 20:11:01 -0400

jedd wrote:

I've created an account on your wiki. I can't work out how to
modify the toolbox (you've got some &lt; tags in there that shouldn't
be). More to the point, I find discussions on-wiki (or on-web at
all) to be harder than via email - the former encourages lost and
difficult to track threads, as well as painful attribution tracking.

Its not that difficult. Take a look at my entries. Linked, highlighted
keywords lead to
subset pages to develop or not. Just like the WikiPedia. Think of it that way.
Mediawiki is an elaborate and elegant tool for us to use to get started.

Finally, and more generally, can you (or others) please clarify this
particularly project now -- are all the people who were previously
talking about designing and then setting up an All Things For All Men
Database Of Everything now working on migrating PFAF data into
a wiki,

The project is totally a reflection of the people in _this_ list and their
ideas and wishes.
No connection to anything in the past. Some were tired of things going nowhere when there was a great need for a guilds database. Now we have _a_ to to use to get that done, at the very least. It represents a start. We can do whatever we want, wiki, database, whatever. We are not constrained by any grant but those working to satisfy the terms of the Threshold grant can be paid for that contribution. Talk to Scott about that.

or watching a guild-only database get cranked up, or is there
some other, greater project that includes (rather than, say, wraps
around) this?

It looks like we might start with a guilds database within the Wiki that
represents permaculture.info;
it can take all sorts of new directions. Roll your own.

LL
--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
Venaura Farm