pcdb - Re: [pcdb] PCDB/Wiki/Guild Database

pcdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Permaculture Database

  • From: Paul d'Aoust <paul@heliosville.com>
  • To: pcdb <pcdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcdb] PCDB/Wiki/Guild Database
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 09:45:24 -0700

On Thu, 2007-10-05 at 22:46 +1000, jedd wrote:
> I've got some thoughts on db design and interface requirements that
> I've been jotting down over the past few months -- I'll look at wrapping
> it up onto a single page on the site shortly for subsequent discussion
> by the cognoscenti.

cool; I'm looking forward to seeing it. I still firmly believe that a
custom-designed database would have merits over a wiki, but to be
honest, ever since joining this list, my personal vision for this
project has become more vague and confused. I never realised there are
so many ideas out there; all I wanted to help out with was a plant
database! :-)

So anyway, what I'm saying is that it'll be nice to see a draft of one
person's vision; it'll help us all move forward if we have a starting
point.

Paul d'Aoust