nafex - Re: [nafex ibiblio list] NAFEX fora

  • From: Claude Jolicoeur <cjoli@gmc.ulaval.ca>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex ibiblio list] NAFEX fora
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 21:11:17 -0500

Yes, this list has been for a long time connected to NAFEX.
And as Rivka says, the Pomona printed journal has taken a lot of its material from the list - and as far as I recall, even issues not that old still used material from this list - the official reason was that some NAFEX members were not connected to internet and could not see what was going on on the internet.
Now, the reason why NAFEX decided to split from this list is still is not very clear for me. I think this might be one of those extremely bad decisions that are sometimes taken, even in great organisations, that turn out as disasters.
Maybe it is still time to back off?
I must say that NAFEX has given a lot to me - and probably I have also given in return, this is just a fair deal! I have been a true (paying) member since 1992, nearly 20 years... But I must say the way things are going these days, with the neverending existentialism questioning, is really bugging me, to the point I might not renew my membership when time comes.
As of the forum on the NAFEX web site, I just took a look at it, and I am afraid I will not go again for the reasons David and others already explained. It is simply not as convenient as this list.

Claude Jolicoeur