nafex - Re: [nafex ibiblio list] NAFEX fora

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@bellsouth.net>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex ibiblio list] NAFEX fora
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 21:02:23 -0500

On 12/20/2011 8:30 PM, Idell Weydemeyer wrote:
Why is the list group called NAFEX if it is not a NAFEX sponsored/controlled
group? Quite misleading-- I was not aware of this difference until recently.

Ask NAFEX why it is not a NAFEX sponsored group. Re-read my recent post
abut why, when and how this list/group was created - it was requested by NAFEX members dissatisfied with their Yahoo group. I started this list and transferred the Yahoo message archives to it. I own and control it and plan to do this permanently.
IOW I did not start it on my own on a lark using the NAFEX name, I was asked to start it by NAFEX members for the benefit of NAFEX members, with emphasis on that last word.

If this listgroup has at a third or more non NAFEX (does it?) , why not give
the group a different name--such as Fruit Explorers? Or find a name that
selects some region of the country that has by far the majority of members?

There is no way to change the name of this list. The software does not allow it. We are stuck with this name. I do have another list already configured called orangegrapevine...If anyone would like to develop a fruit explorer forum there I would be delighted and will fine tune and announce it here. Here's the URL:
Orange Grapevine
"the grapevine"
orangegrapevine
http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/orangegrapevine
It is ready to go with Google searching, open message archives, blog and group mirror sites and external website to use as a reference library and awaiting subscribers and list traffic.

I do not think it would be advisable to rock the boat on this rare and exceptional forum. I would as soon leave it the way it is accomodating Nafex and non Nafex members as subscribers. It is up to NAFEX to make use of this forum or start and develop a different one, of value to members.

LL