nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Time for list message footer update...filtering files

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@bellsouth.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Time for list message footer update...filtering files
  • Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2011 13:35:31 -0500

On 2/5/2011 1:19 PM, Mark Angermayer wrote:
I don't post very often anymore, but I do read posts regularly. I'm on
dialup, so I would echo what Rivka's sentiments. That said, if I'm the only
one on dialup, I don't expect the list to tailor to my needs.

I'll set it down to one megabyte for the time being which may suit most needs. Large text, pdf or pps files can be separated out into parts
for individual posting. If this is too restrictive for those who want to make good use of the list to exchange attachments then we can look at other options (this is a valuable list function, precludes the need to have a webforum to display images, though this would be nice & I'll see if I can get SMF working for that purpose). I like the idea of a closed, private SMF webforum for NAFEX. I would have to create a nafex webspace (rudimentary, limited-purpose website) on ibiblio, where the SMF forum would be located, archives included. I will look into getting this done. This would not detract from the official NAFEX website as it would only be used for resources related to this list and a projected webforum.