nafex - Re: [NAFEX] best apples article

  • From: "Brungardt, Sam" <Sam.Brungardt@state.mn.us>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] best apples article
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 09:29:02 -0500

Title: Message
Mark, I suggest you consider some of the older cultivars: Stayman Winesap, Jonathan, Grimes Golden, and Golden Delicious.  Admittedly some are challenging to grow [Jonathan: fireblight; Grimes Golden: crown rot (so have to have the cultivar on a resistant interstem)] but all of these have marvelous flavor when grown well in Kansas. -- Sam Brungardt, St. Paul, Minn.