nafex - Re: [NAFEX] best apples article

  • From: "V. Michael Bove Jr." <vmb@teakettlefarm.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] best apples article
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 16:44:21 -0400

In Rhode Island they're not "practically unheard of," they're the pie apple of choice (though I eat 'em fresh in preference to Grannys). I happen to think that a well-grown Mutsu is a wonderful apple after about 6 weeks of storage, though some people have told me that Shizukas (Mutsu sibling) are better. I've never had a Shizuka so I can't comment.
--Michael Bove
Teakettle Farm, Z6 (MA/RI border)