nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Red Delicious

  • From: Lee Reich <garden@leereich.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Red Delicious
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 06:56:31 -0400

I grow the original Red Delicious. It is relatively pale red with a lot of yellow background and has a rich, honey-like sweetness. Also quite juicy. I rate it as a very good apple but not one that compares with my favorites, such as Jonagold and Macoun, at their best.

Lee Reich, PhD

Books by Lee Reich:
The Pruning Book
Weedless Gardening