nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Red Delicious

  • From: Michael Nave <jmichaelnave@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Red Delicious
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 22:13:24 -0700 (PDT)

I hope future generations never know the taste of Red
"Delicious" (and what a fraudulent name that was). It
is almost single handedly responsible for the decline
in apple consumption in the latter half of the 20th
century. No one ever ate a red delicious apple and
said "yum, I need to eat more apples." It's the worst
tasting apple I have ever experienced. It's not a
plain old sugary apple. It's a plain old tasteless
apple.

--- Mark & Helen Angermayer <hangermayer@isp.com>