nafex - Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 57, Issue 50..... Che

  • From: Michael Nave <jmichaelnave@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 57, Issue 50..... Che
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:17:13 -0700 (PDT)

I have very few suckers around my che (grown from a
cutting) which is now over 12 years old and about
12-15 feet tall. I cut them off with small pruners but
could easily cut them with common household scissors.
I can certainly imagine that if you planted a che and
left it alone for 40 years there might be some nasty
suckers, but if you cut back the two or three tiny
suckers that come up every year or two, there won't be
any problems.