nafex - Re: [NAFEX] dwarf almonds

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] dwarf almonds
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 15:38:40 -0700

I didn't know there was a variety able to grow and fruit in zone 4 - what's
the variety? Here in 9b there's no need to look for that much hardiness.
What growers would like here is late blooming varieties that maintain the
quality. It's a boom or bust crop. In the bust years, there's not much
crop to get paid for, in the boom years the prices plummet. Growers
constantly complain - but they do all right.

~ Stephen