nafex - Re: [NAFEX] dwarf almonds

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] dwarf almonds
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 12:24:22 -0500

I'm pretty sure what I have is seedlings.  The chart from PFAF that Sam just posted says p. tenella is hardy to Zone 2.

~mIEKAL

On Jun 7, 2007, at 8:39 AM, Donna &/or Kieran wrote:

What if the scions looked beat up year after year till they died, and now you have nice healthy rootstock coming up.  That would be... I'd guess P. bessyi judging from the "dwarf" label.  Did Bear Creek use it? I remember Ed Fackler coming on here to tell us about how it was widely used to make and sell "dwarf" trees that routinely died before or shortly after the first crop.     Donna