nafex - Re: [NAFEX] peach leaf curl/resistance

  • From: "Donna &/or Kieran" <holycow@cookeville.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] peach leaf curl/resistance
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 22:09:07 -0500

Hmmm.... Jan here in the South one of the most wonderful peaches one can grow is Georgia Belle, so white flesh doesn't necessarily mean poor quality. I have been told that Georgia Belle is not sold in stores because it is too tender to ship, and the ones I bought by the side of the road in Georgia wouldn't have kept 2 days. They are said to be sweeter but lower in some of the aromatics found in yellow peaches. Donna