nafex - Re: [NAFEX] dwarf almonds

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] dwarf almonds
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 23:03:53 -0500

These were from Bear Creek, labelled hardy dwarf almonds. I seem to remember them being described as ornamental which is why I'm surprised to see nuts setting on them. They're at least 7-8 years old & tho they've flowered before they have never set nuts before. (& there has been a lot of die-back over the years tho this year they all look vigorous & leafed out.) Odd.

~mIEKAL