nafex - [NAFEX] Aftercare on persimmon grafts.

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Aftercare on persimmon grafts.
  • Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 09:43:59 -0500

At 09:47 AM 5/7/2005, David wrote:

6. After the grafting what to do?

Based on my own experience, one of the largest reasons folks seem to have trouble with grafting persimmons is lack of aftercare. I have to check my persimmon grafts almost on a daily basis to keep rootstock shoots below the graft rubbed off, otherwise the rootstock exports all its energy into pushing these growths, rather than callusing and pushing growth from the grafted scion.

Lucky