nafex - Re: Re: [NAFEX] Any opinions on my grafting problem?

  • From: "" <Lucky.Pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Re: [NAFEX] Any opinions on my grafting problem?
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 05:48:23 -0500

----- Original Message -----
> I recently used the bark graft to topwork a large apple tree and all
> six grafts have begun to grow.

While I'll still do a whip & tongue on occasion, and a 3 or 4 flap for
large-caliper pecan or walnut scions, I do a bark graft for almost
everything, from pecans, hickories, walnuts, & oaks to persimmons,
mulberries, and pears; quick, easy, scion & rootstock don't have to be the
same size, and success rates have been as high(or higher) as for any other
technique I've tried.

Lucky