nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Taste before planting Apple varities

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat@containerseeds.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Taste before planting Apple varities
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 16:00:50 -0500

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:41:47 -0800, you wrote:

>It is difficult to get a good idea of how apples taste. We have
>apple tasting days here, and there will be samples of dozens of
>apples, with little signs saying when they are really best. That
>time can vary by six months or more, and eating apples in September
>that won't be at their best for several months does not give even a
>hint of their eventual taste.
>
>What one needs is a fruit club that has monthly meetings, with
>monthly tastings.

Or an orchard/web store that sells an 'Apple of the Month
Club' membership and mails the apples to its subscribers,
each variety at its best time.

It could be two or three or more different types of apples
each month.

Pat

--
ContainerSeeds.com - vegetable, herb, fruit, and
edible flower seeds for successful container growing.