nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Apple varities

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Apple varities
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 13:42:41 -0800

The taste people want in apples is so very individual. I like our locally
grown AK Black, Braeburn, Gala, and Spitzenberg (but haven't tried Esopus).
And, on Charlie's recommendation I will seek Westfield Seek-No-Further! My
taste in apples runs to variety. I wish I had room for at least 50 apples:
Akane, Baldwin, Red Fuji, Cox's Orange Pippen, Macoun, Spartan and English
Cox, for example. You see, even though I like those first varieties, they
don't make my ever-changing absolute favorites list, but I happily buy them
when they're the best choice available.

Stephen Sadler, Ph.D.
USDA 9, AHS heat zone 8,
Sacramento CA - Mediterranean climate