nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Bramley apples in the USA?

  • From: list@ginda.us
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Bramley apples in the USA?
  • Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 17:19:22 -0500

I bought Bramley scionwood from someone - I think it was the Christian Homesteading Movement (no internet/no e-mail. But they/he regularly advertise in Pomona). Unfortunately, the tree died. I had grafted about a dozen varieties on it, and it might have suffered from a virus. I know it also suffered from a drought.

Ginda

p.s. I noticed the sticks and buds of Bramley were very large. It was an interesting cultivar, and I was sad to lose it.