nafex - [NAFEX] email font sizes

  • From: Charles Paradise <machelp@attglobal.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] email font sizes
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 11:47:00 -0500

Diane wrote:
>Fortunately, I haven't been the recipient of any messages using
>"Smallest" or "Smaller". There are also "Bigger" and "Biggest", but I think only spammers would use them.
any emailer wishing to create a pleasing email would use a mix of font sizes - spammers or a club your joined.

Pat wrote:

For Eudora (Version 5.2, but other versions should be
similar), look in the 'Help File' under 'Fonts Options
Window' and it will tell you how to set various options,
including the font size used for messages.

Among other things, you can set the 'Size: Specify the size
of the font to be used for text in message windows and the
preview pane.'

TRUE - and worth doing as Pat says.  It offers some increase in size some of the time.

HOWEVER - while Pat's suggestion to increase the size is a good exercise, it does not obviate or completely satisfy Diane's complaint

I find the small font that some people use makes
reading messages an effort.
because sending email programs can and often do specify small font sizes.  If any one knows how to specify a somewhat larger text size for SENDING in their email program, it will be courteous to Diane to do so - but not every email program will be capable of this precision specification.

Charlie Paradise