msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Disaster cross-training / Educating SAR @ MSAR

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: JULIE FRANCO <snowyridgeranch@yahoo.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Disaster cross-training / Educating SAR @ MSAR
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 16:21:01 -0800 (PST)

chuck, please take me off your e-mail list, i have tried many time to
unsubscribe and it will not take....please do this for me,I would really
appreciate it.

Chuck Daniel <iwhound@voyager.net> wrote: Cross Training with CERT for SAR
or MSAR is valuable. I took the CERT
training a year ago and the NIMS training also. The local CERT training
also provided the necessary equipment that Irv mentioned. We all received a
back pack with small adjustable wrenches, goggles, dust mask, flash light,
duct tape, gloves, cutters, ect..

The point is, whether you are a ground pounder or mounted, one must be aware
of the manmade environment and how to deal with the disasters. A MSAR is
first and foremost a SAR then a MSAR and must be able to exist for 48 hours
or better on our own. The first thing the CERT training stated was that
help may not be available for 48 hours. It is your responsibility to have
assets available for yourself, family and the victims.

Over the last several years we saw how well FEMA and EMC worked in the gulf
coast. It wasn't until Katrina hit LA that we saw how a defunct and missed
managed LOCAL EMC worked. To say that the federal government failed was
wrong, the first line of defense is at the local level. Thus, crossing
training is valuable since you will be the first line of defense. I guess
I'm beginning to stray; you cans see were my politics are ........sorry

Chuck

http://mail.yahoo.com
>From snowyridgeranch@yahoo.com Sun Dec 18 19:22:11 2005

h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding;

b=SKPbswqum+hPJJcxh3aTUkjY8xkIc9XvxknW7zG9zXykSDDVslR+tYmR3++isv5+AhbQPMwgKZvxxPqjQHT9wjfewbPN5HGHZ5LPV0p5oNCi7pU9hRN0m5LTKrllUqXl183dU3Ma77i48XXidOM1uf9jV++XdRfSCh8fc/rFOD8=
;