msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] NIMS compliance / FEMA

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Cathy <bmr@calinet.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] NIMS compliance / FEMA
  • Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 12:55:23 -0800

Jorene,

When you say that ICS and NIMS are required for first responders does that include a Sheriff's Posse with no extra federal funding? The posse I have recently joined say they don't have to do this. If this is required regardless, I would like to know where this is documented.

Funny thing is the groundpounder unit does require these but the Posse is a separate unit and doesn't run by the same rules.

Thank you,
Cathy Blaser