msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Mud Crossing

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "wwfarm" <wwfarm@wiktel.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Mud Crossing
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 11:54:37 -0800

Well folks it SNOWEN AND BLOWEN IN MN this morning I guess
old man winter is telling us something.

Una wrote about future trail obstacles including mud.

Mud would be great for such a judged trail course! I have had
discussions with groups on mud and how important it is for a
MSAR horse to be willing to cross mud. You can have the best trail
horse that can swim the deepest river or cross the creakiest bridge
but will fall apart if they get into sticky sinking mud.

We really can not blame our horses because they are just following a
survival instinct that they inherited from their ancestors. I trick is
like crossing many other obstacles, is that your mount better trust you.

TER