msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] NASAR Standards

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: pennbo@bbv.net
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] NASAR Standards
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 22:07:23 -0700

I would also recommend that MSAR personnel keep
a log book of their training for each horse used, just like the SAR dog handlers do,
this will also help to protect you if a suit does occur.

Christy in Montana
Our county requires us to keep logs for exactly this reason. If you can prove you are training and adhering to an acceptable standard chances of a judgement against your team in a lawsuit is much lessened. Of course I live in California, the sue-you state, so maybe that is why they are so adamant about being prepared! <G>

Chris Pennington
Big Bear Sheriff's Posse
MSAR