msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] NASAR standards

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Mike Dillard" <DILLARDM@mustang.k12.ok.us>
  • To: <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] NASAR standards
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 09:40:40 -0500

Una, my reference was bigger than the State of New Mexico (by the way,
of which I am a native, born in Clovis.) It is in reference to the TOP
DOG organizations that send down the SAR tasks, Military (Air Force),
FBI, CIA, DEA, CAP ETC.... These organization are the ones that recruit
us, the local guys, to beat the bushes for them...I was not picking on
local Organizations...Sorry if you misinterpreted my intent.
Mike

>>> una@lanl.gov 10/23/03 09:33AM >>>
Jorene wrote:
>If it will help you understand the big picture better

That's not called for.

>Mike rather clearly stated "My point was that THE organizations
>that we ALL work for (the top of the food chain, if you will)
>in an Emergency Mission recognize NASAR's standards."

Nope. I know of exceptions, and I have already mentioned one.
State of New Mexico recognizes a state-wide basic SAR standard
(PACE) instead of NASAR's equivalent.

Una Smith
Santa Fe County Sheriff's Posse, in New Mexico