msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] NASAR standards

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Mike Dillard" <DILLARDM@mustang.k12.ok.us>
  • To: <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] NASAR standards
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 10:40:00 -0500

That is correct, thank you for that clarification, Una. My point was
that THE organizations that we ALL work for (the top of the food chain,
if you will) in an Emergency Mission recognize NASAR's standards. It is
at the local levels that unconformity exists. Therefor, confusion and
breakdown in communication and efficiency occur.
This is MY interest in uniform Standardization from the bottom up. All
local groups need to be in sync with the top Authorities that we are all
responsible to in an actual emergency. This is also why local personnel
need a Thorough understanding of ES IC and Command structure. Most local
volunteers or local Sherif's Dept. are at the bottom of the Command
structure (No disrespect intended) Im simply referring to Command
Structure. We are the task providers for the big picture. When we all
come together from different backgrounds, training, skill levels,
different organizations we all need to be on equal ground to execute the
objective, to complete "the Mission." We need to all be trained with
minimal expected standard of operation and skill.
Everyone in this business knows the ugly monster called
"Communication."
In Comm is inoperable due to such wide varied training and standards,
the "Mission" is at jeopardy.

Excellent point. Again, MY interest and goal is to bring all local
organization in sync with a National Standard, of which most Command
Structure (at the top) have chosen to use NASAR's training as their
standard.

Thanks,
Mike Dillard, Capt. CAP
ESO
MSAR CO

>>> una@lanl.gov 10/21/03 09:44AM >>>
Mike Dillard wrote:
>Because our Nations' States' Emergency Management Officials have
>recognized NASAR as that standard.

Let's be really clear what we're debating here. NASAR is
not a standard. NASAR is a producer of standards; it is
one of several producers of SAR standards in the US today.

Una Smith
Santa Fe County Sheriff's Posse, in New Mexico