msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Limited Expectations for MSAR?

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: pennbo@bbv.net
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Limited Expectations for MSAR?
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 20:02:41 -0700

I have been thinking about this issue in regards to future training events like SAR CITY. It would be nice if the mounted tracks were as diverse and detailed as the dog tracks- and I don't see why they couldn't be. It will take participation by MSAR teams in the events to show there is enough interest to offer these classes but what better place to receive cross training then in a place where experts in these other technical areas are already gathered to teach!!

Chris Pennington
Big Bear Sheriff's Posse
Mounted Search and Rescue

I had so much
territory to cover it was easier to send people to professionals to get
educated than try and provide a capsule of details on the various subjects.
;)

Something I suspect you also emphasized is that a lot of the options related
to expanding MSAR capabilities are outside current comfort zones for many
teams. And many teams don't have the skill sets within the team to provide
quality instruction on various subjects. Many teams don't even consider
this, but bringing in outside trainers and holding regular training to
become familiar with X and increase skill levels is recommended ... ;)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jorene Downs