market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Something different

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Sue Wells" <farmersue AT myfairpoint.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Something different
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 08:08:08 -0400

I love growing baby red russian kale. This is great in salads, or as a
salad, stir fries, and is great on homemade pizza's/ I have a customer that
juices it. It tastes so much better than bigger kale.
I grow a large variety of summer squash, zucchini.
The number of Farmers Markets in Vermont is growing, and to9 survive, I have
to grow different things. I found this last week, my mixed lettuce was a
very poor seller. Everyone has lettuce, even though mine is quite different
with many additives to it, such as mizuna, baby kale, baby swiss chard, and
any other things I have to put into it, with edible flowers in it when I
can.
The round zucchinis are really great an I enjoy the taste much better than
the regular zucchinis, but I grow all of them. My chickens eat the extra
ones, or they go to the food bank.
Sue
Vermont