market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Fava bean prices

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Stewart <rstewart AT zoomtown.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Fava bean prices
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 08:56:50 -0400

I have my largest horseradish crop yet.  I'll be harvesting it this fall after first frost.  Easy to grow no pests that I have found, local restaurants want it and so do consumers.

Table grapes, not for wine, but eating and jams.

Grains and soup beans.

Paw paws...wild or grafter domesticated.

Soup pumpkins, not Jacks or the like but sweet, large pumpkins with nice flesh that consumers and restaurants both want.

We've nearly stopped growing stuff like squash, tomatoes, zucchini, and peppers.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855