market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Advice on how to deal with losing plastic or hightunnel

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Shawnee Flowerfarmer <farmingflowers AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Advice on how to deal with losing plastic or hightunnel
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 22:14:24 -0500

Big ditto to the advice below.  If you are dependent on hoophouses/greenhouses of any sort....ALWAYS have back-up supplies stashed.  I buy two inflation fans, poly rolls, patch tape etc.  Remember that storms in the south-particularly Florida-can hit those growers and make equipment hard to get even when you are under blue skies, sunshine and just ordering replacements.  Seems pricey when you are ordering, but incredibly cheap on a stormy day in January. (or June or July or or or...)

Shawnee, zone 5, who sleeps better with two pillows also in case the dog steals one.