market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Jang and Earthway

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Stewart <rstewart AT zoomtown.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Jang and Earthway
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 20:55:16 -0400

The depth gauge is one of the shortcomings of the Jang.  Repeated use and trial an error works well.

As to the peas/beans and seed wheels I'll have to look.  For larger beans I use the "scoop" type wheel.  For peas I use the same wheel I use for sweet corn.  Right off hand I have no idea which IDs these have.  If you have troubles loosen the brush up a bit.  Raise it back so it allows the seed to pass a bit.   That is why they allow it to slide back and forth vertically.  That will always help.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855