market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Jang and Earthway

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Mike Record <mike AT thefamilytablefarm.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Jang and Earthway
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 11:39:46 -0600

I have the same question:   How do you gauge seed depth?

We just got a Jang JP-1, but are a little stumped on how to adjust the standard furrower opener.  It seems like there's not much room for adjustment.  When I put a straightedge from front wheel to back wheel, and lower the opener to about 1/2 inch below the straightedge (which I assume translates to about 1/2 inch deep seed placement), the post on the opener is pretty much at its lowest point.  Certainly the lines on the post are hidden by the seed metering unit, so you can't really use them as a depth gauge.

Am I doing this wrong?

Thanks.

-Mike

Mike Record