market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] salad mix

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Nan Hildreth <NanHildreth AT riseup.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>, market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] salad mix
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 10:11:35 -0500

For vole control, try coyote urine or cat urine or lots of cats, snakes, raccoons, owls, hawks etc. http://landscaping.about.com/cs/pests/a/vole_control_4.htm Voles haven't been a problem for us, but we are so far back in the woods that there are lots of the above predators. I keep telling my husband to only kill the poisonous snakes.

I read a farmer complaining that voles got his root crop one year then never were a problem again. Hmmm. Voles do eat leaves. http://www.crittergetteronline.com/Voles/voleeat.html

Nan in the Piney Woods of Texas