market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] salad mix

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Robin Follette" <list AT seasonseatingsfarm.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] salad mix
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 11:09:37 -0400

>> I see millions of holes in the ground, as if someone came along and stuck a hoe handle in the ground every few yards. But, no tunnels that I can see, no raised areas at all.
Moles. I set unbaited snap traps all over the place in one of the tunnels. They bump into them just like voles do.  The holes showed up after I turned in compost and planted the new crop of seeds. If it's not one thing today it's something else tomorrow. As my husband reminds me, "Well Rob, at least it wasn't a moose in there."

Robin Follette
Seasons Eatings Farm
Talmadge ME 04492