market-farming - [Market-farming] white spots on greens

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "maury sheets" <maurysheets AT verizon.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] white spots on greens
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 11:05:31 -0400

I would appreciate any help from anyone that has seen white spots on the
perimeter of leaves of mainly mustard (a green one, the reds are not
affected). These are baby greens grown hydroponically. It must be a
nutrient deficiency for all I can figure. I use Peter's Hydro-Sol plus
calcium nitrate and magnesium sulfate. Everything else does great, no sign
on lettuces, pea shoots or micros. When it gets really bad, almost the whole
leaf will rimmed with white and only the veins will show green. Thanks

Maury Sheets
Woodland Produce
South Jersey