market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] salad mix

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: SaladG AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] salad mix
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 09:33:45 EDT

This was one of the weirdest winter I have ever seen, the ground never froze under the snow and there was snow on the ground from Dec 2 til a couple of weeks ago, and lots of it.  I have noticed a lot of mole and goffer runs on top of the ground and under the snow.  I look for a pesty little varmits this spring the be everywhere in the gardens.  Really a new experience at planting time, but we are still at least a couple of weeks away from doing anything out side yet, 18 this morning again.

Phil