market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] broccoli raab -- and piracicaba?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Beth Spaugh" <lists AT rhomestead.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] broccoli raab -- and piracicaba?
  • Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 16:22:02 -0500

The piracicaba seemed to work best as a fall crop. It is full size, large
broccoli plant. It grew really well. The buds are larger and softer than
"regular" broccoli. Folks who tried it usually liked it, but it wasn't what
folks were used to and didn't sell well. It was part of NOFA's organic seed
project. Elizabeth Dyck may be able to give you more detailed evaluations.

Beth Spaugh
Rehoboth Homestead, Peru, NY
Farm Fresh Food Club CSA - http://rhomestead.com
Garden fresh vegetables, organically grown, and pastured chicken, duck, and
geese

<small style="font-family: Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;">We have a public
facebook page. You do not need to have a Facebook account to read
it.</small><span style="font-family: Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;">

<script type="text/javascript"
src="http://static.ak.connect.facebook.com/js/api_lib/v0.4/FeatureLoader.js.
php/en_US"></script>
<script
type="text/javascript">FB.init("d82773d0c4744e95e8c081e0e83e04ed");</script>
<fb:fan profile_id="261550161286" stream="" connections=""
width="300"></fb:fan>

Wendell Berry

Moore Lappe