market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Epson printers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz Pike" <liz AT morningstargarden.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Epson printers
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 08:15:24 -0400

Hey Elise,

There's 2 cartridges, one black, and one that has 5 colors and the clear coat.  I felt the same way about single color cartridges until I started using this printer.  The ink is so cheap and lasts sooo long the single cartridge no longer concerns me, and the cartridges can be recycled, which  I do.  The prints I do are full bleed hi res prints that only cost 30c for that print.  The quality is so high I've had professional photographers ask what lab I use to print these pages and they are surprised to learn I do it myself.  I've done about 250  prints this month alone so far and am considering getting a second one to keep up with demand.   Also, I use a variety of papers depending on what level of saturation I want.  Kodak has a line of papers, also inexpensive and depending on which one you use you can get even more prints out of the cartridge.  There are subtle lines on the back of the paper that tells the printer how much ink to lay down.  I don't worry about that as I'm doing printing for specific jobs...transfers, photo prints, decoupage projects.

Also, Kodak did extensive research to put the levels of ink where they needed to be for the whole cartridge to empty at about the same time.  The first & third cartridges I ran through I opened to confirm there was no color left and each well was dry.

I run out of ink soo infrequently as compared to all other printers I've ever used.

Liz
Morning Star Garden
Hillsville VA