market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Epson printers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Roots Farm & Karen Sutherland <rootsfarm AT cwdom.dm>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Epson printers
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 14:11:46 -0400

Liz,

Is the Kodak ink waterproof? We need to print labels for our market packages but they have to withstand some amount of rain and still be legible/attractive. The Epson ink works well for this, but I find my C-84 (2-3 years old) is beginning to have more and more ink clogs that need the cleaning cycle (wasted ink) to resolve.
Best wishes,

Karen

Karen Sutherland

Roots Farm

Organic Produce

Fruits, Roots, Vegetables & Herbs

Cockrane, Dominica

767-449-3038

rootsfarm AT cwdom.dm <mailto:rootsfarm AT marpin.dm>

rootsfarm AT protoscape.com <mailto:rootsfarm AT protoscape.com>

Liz Pike wrote:
I've recently replaced my Epson with a Kodak 5300 AIO that does a phenomenal
job printing anything. The best part is the ink is dirt cheap from
Wal-Mart. Throw all the tomatoes you want but it's the only place you can
get the ink & I love not having to special order it. One way Kodak kept
down the price was to install the printhead on the MACHINE and not the
cartridges so you can get black cartridges for $10 and color cartridges for
$15, or a set of both for less than $23.

In my digiscrapping business (which I've never promoted here but you can
check it out at strawberrywinedesigns.com, I do 8.5x11 full-bleed prints of
digitally produced scrapbook pages. I get over 50 prints from one single
color cartridge. The prints are also coated with an instant dry,
waterproof/smudgeproof/protective clear coat which lends lots of uses around
a farm selling to the public. I HIGHLY recommend it. I got mine for less
than $100, but you can find them online cheaper.
If anyone is interested, I will gladly send a sample print of whatever you'd
like to your physical address. Just email me off-list.

Liz Pike
Morning Star Garden
Hillsville VA