market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Epson printers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz Pike" <liz AT mymarketfarm.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Epson printers
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 10:22:53 -0400

Hey Elise,

You can order from Kodak as well--here's the link for the printer and inks: http://printers.kodak.com/.  Wal-Mart is the only retail location-it is a special deal with Kodak--it's a trade agreement that says Kodak will not promote this deal through other suppliers.  This isn't a deal where Wal-Mart picked up a certain amount of goods and when they run out, they're out.  It's just you can't and won't find the ink through Office Depot, Staples, or the other usual suspects for ink.

I've seen the ink even cheaper at other online suppliers but I don't trust second-market ink for what I do.

Kodak has had a version of this printer out for about 5 years and they are being careful to present something they can stand behind because this market is replacing their film market.  I'm not worried about it going away anytime soon.

Liz