market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] tear in agribon

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: lucy Owsley <boulderbelt AT voyager.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] tear in agribon
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 07:56:39 -0400

My husband says glue it. he used some nasty toulene based glue that worked but smelled very toxic. he thinks Gorilla Glue would work but hasn't tried it yet. He also will tie rips together but i find that to be a terrible solution.

Remember that a lot of how row covers work is to disguise the crop. The insects see a sea of white and ignore the area so often having a couple of holes punched in the cover does not mean the bugs will invade ASAP. often they never find the hole(s) or the crop underneath. Other times they do so keep an eye on the areas but don't freak out.

Kurt has the best solution-just take an old piece and cover the hole, cheap and effective.