market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Epson printers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Epson printers
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 15:57:35 -0700 (PDT)

> A little over a year ago there was a discussion concerning printers for
> printing labels. If I remember correctly the recommendation was for the
> Epson C84. Some people liked the Epson C86, but others had problems
> with it. I will be doing value added products this year and am in need
> of a printer for labels. Is the Epson C84 still the favored printer?
> Any other recommendations?

I had an Epson C84 that I liked well enough until it died...after just 1
year of label making. The big plus was supposed to be the water resistant
ink but...it was expensive to print and the print heads tend to dry up and
then are not replaceable...
On the recommendation of my favorite computer geek, I now have a Canon,
MP510. It prints, copies and scans, runs on my alternative energy source,
uses almost no power, prints black and white for $.04 per copy, color for
about $.08. And has easily replaceable print heads. The copies are
beautiful. I deal with the non-waterproof ink problem with clear packing
tape that holds the label in place, looks professional and doesn't bleed.
They are available from Staples, cartridges are easily available,
sometimes on sale for around $125....