market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Profitable enough?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <sunnfarm AT netscape.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Profitable enough?
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 13:29:53 -0700

Suzi. You can start by marrying a farmer. I understand they have a lot of
them in Iowa...Bob.
Howdy all,
I am going to be graduating from college coming up here in may. What
I really want to do is veggie production and farmers market, but I
dont own any land. From your experience, is market farming profitable
enough to pay for rented land? Is it best to go somewhere and get a
job for a few years so I can make a big downpayment, or should I try
to find land to rent and go into it right away? Any opinions are
defiantly appreciated.
Thanks so much!
Suzi Bernhard
Farmer wannabee in NE Iowa (finishing college in central iowa)