market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Profitable enough?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Shawnee Flowerfarmer <farmingflowers AT hotmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Profitable enough?
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 22:03:30 -0500

Suzi,

I have been reading all the posts that your question generated.  All of them are fascinating and speak of  intense commitment and love of the land.  I originally advised you to stay in school for awhile, and still do.  You can be a farmer with a phd; you'll just have more options.  You are of the generation that has less need to hurry at long term commitments....lord willin and the seas don't rise.  You will also need to finance your life.  Take the high road....the view is better.

Shawnee, zone 5;  I saw a cardinal so red that I wondered if it was a new sort of bird until I realized that my eyes have grown accustomed to white.

Do more with your photos with Windows Live Photo Gallery. Get Windows Live-Free