market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] m-f tractor fuel problems

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "David Inglis" <mhcsa AT verizon.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] m-f tractor fuel problems
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 13:01:23 -0500

That's right Allan. Cranking the engine will speed up the bleeding but
is not required. I myself don't like the idea of running the cylinders
while 'dry' but I don't know for sure that it causes damage.
Leaving the fuel tank empty all winter might not be a great idea because
of condensation as well as rusting. Even if you don't get the Kubota
going maybe you could fill up the tank now; it will be one less thing to
do in the Spring and might provide some protection.
David
Mahaiwe Harvst C.S.A.

On Behalf Of Allan Balliett